TRUSELTIQ offers patients once-daily oral dosing
- 125 mg once daily for 21 days, followed by 7 days off, in 28-day cycles
- 100 mg, 75 mg, and 50 mg cartons are available for dose modifications
See full Prescribing Information for the recommended dose modifications for patients with mild or moderate renal or hepatic impairment, and for concomitant use with gastric acid-reducing agents. Additionally, avoid concomitant use of TRUSELTIQ with strong or moderate CYP3A inhibitors or inducers.
TRUSELTIQ capsules should be:
Taken on an empty stomach at least 1 hour before or 2 hours after a meal
Taken at the same time every day
Swallowed whole with a glass of water–no chewing, crushing, or dissolving the capsules
Important reminders before initiating treatment with TRUSELTIQ
- To initiate therapy, patients should have a confirmed presence of an FGFR2 fusion or rearrangement, as detected by an FDA-approved test
- Verify negative pregnancy status in females of reproductive potential
- Advise patients of reproductive potential of risk to fetus, to use effective contraception, and to not breastfeed during treatment with TRUSELTIQ and for 1 month after the final dose
- Perform a comprehensive ophthalmic examination, including optical coherence tomography (OCT), prior to treatment initiation, at 1 month, at 3 months, and then every 3 months thereafter during treatment
- Monitor for hyperphosphatemia within the first week of treatment and throughout treatment, as the median time to onset of hyperphosphatemia with TRUSELTIQ was 8 days
- Manage with phosphate binders and dose interruption/modification as clinically indicated based on the duration and severity of hyperphosphatemia
FGFR2=fibroblast growth factor receptor 2.
Recommended dose reduction for TRUSELTIQ for adverse reactions
1st dose reduction
100 mg (one 100 mg capsule)
2nd dose reduction
75 mg (three 25 mg capsules)
3rd dose reduction
50 mg (two 25 mg capsules)
TRUSELTIQ packaging was designed with patients in mind
The full treatment sequence is labeled throughout each blister card to help keep dosage and medication dates organized.
Each dose carton contains a full 28-day cycle, with 21 doses of 125 mg, provided as 100 mg and 25 mg capsules (42 capsules total)
100 mg, 75 mg, and 50 mg cartons are available to support dose modification.
Advise patients to read the FDA-approved patient labeling (Patient Information), and remind them to report any adverse reactions they experience so that a mitigation strategy can be considered.
Get support and affordability access to TRUSELTIQ
- TRUSELTIQ Prescribing Information. Brisbane, CA: QED Therapeutics, Inc.; May 2021.